Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wait, it's almost October?

When I was a kid, I HATED when adults would talk about how time flew by. No it didn't. It seemed like eons would pass between my birthdays. Time moved slowly (especially the school year), and the days were filled with endless hours. I recall spending innumerable hours of humid Minnesota afternoons literally lying sloth-like in the Sieburg's basement.

But I get it now. The illusion of time speeding up is due to the fact that the older you get, the less idle hours you have (and more gray hairs too, and I don't think that the two are mutually exclusive!), especially when you have a kid. Emily jokes now that our lives are "Gus willing." So true. This is not a complaint mind you -- today I had the pleasure of spending most of my day within a 3 foot reach of the G-Man, and I can't think of a single thing that I would rather have been doing.

Gustav VonGustafson, we suspect, has either caught his first cold, or that he is teething. It seems a little soon for the latter, and the former seems more likely since he has now spent one month among his friends at day care. And there's a bit of a stuffy nose, so I guess it's probably a cold. In any event, the little man is a bit out of sorts, and his stuffy nose is affecting his ability, and by extension, our ability, to sleep. This evening be blew out an enormous booger on my hand, so hopefully he will breathe a bit easier.

Lack of sleep nothwithstanding, Guster remains a joy. Below are some recent photos:



Mom and Dad had this onesie made special for Gus.
Vikings fan in training.
Outside at the Cliquot Cafe.
Showing off his physique.


Hanging with Dad.

No comments: